A beautiful expanse of apartments in Greater Noida, overlooking & amidst 15 acres of greenery, Habitat uses the cluster grouping concept. 18 towers have been arranged in 7 clusters, each cluster being of 2 or 3 towers, allowing good amount of gaps between each cluster.
The design process for Habitat began with a series of sessions, through which the design brief was given to our international architects – RMJM. Master plan layout, landscape design & units layout were finalized taking into account various design factors & authority regulations by RMJM. Once the concept design was finalized by the foreign consultants, then we roped in the local consultants (SAA & NMP Design) for preparation of construction drawings for the site.
Habitat has been designed at a time when F.A.R. (floor area ratio) was only 1.5. The new projects that are coming up now in Noida/Greater Noida are at an F.A.R. of upto 2.75. Simply put that means the density in Habitat is quite low and hence accounts for this volume of open greens.
Some positive aspects that are worth highlighting with regards to towers & units layouts in Habitat, Greater Noida are :
- There are separate towers for 2 bedroom units & 3 bedroom units.
- Towers heights are limited to a maximum of 14 floors.
- Duplex units have been provided on the ground floor in all towers, to give a villa/bungalow-type feel to the unit.
- Penthouse units have been provided in select towers, wherever there is a good view of central greens.
- Spacious double height entry lobbies have been provided for all towers.
- Each tower floor comprises of 4 units which are serviced by 3 lifts and 2 staircases.
- Master toilet has provided with jacuzzi in all units. (both 2 & 3 bedroom units)
- Spaciously sized bedrooms. 3 bedroom units upto the range of about 2100 sft. 2- bedroom units upto the range of 1750 sft.
- Each 3 BHK unit is provided with a servant room, powder room, walk in closets and a store.
- Each 2 BHK unit is provided with a servant room, a walk in closet and a store.
- Segregation of ‘pubic access’ spaces such as living, dining and kitchen from the private areas of bedrooms has been done through a central corridor.
A majestic tower entry drop-off with handicap entry is a key feature replete with tropical green plantation.
A huge USP of Habitat is that it is one of Unitech’s biggest group housing projects spanning about 25 acres. We have a ‘squarish’ site that provides maximum ‘perimeter’ for arrangement of towers along the periphery. Because of this we have large expanse of green areas in the center.
The main entry for Habitat has an arrival plaza that uses water feature as a focal point (water coming as droplets from the portals), which is actually the backdrop of the Habitat Club.
Plantation is the key focus for this project with different indigenous flowering plants for every season.
Huge lawn spaces with picnic gardens, linear garden plaza, exercise gardens, amphitheater , kids play areas and a jogging track all add to the ‘green aspect’ of Habitat. A peripheral road runs along the boundary, giving pedestrians a totally traffic free & green walk through the entire site.
All the towers open directly to this central green area that we have conceptualized , making it extremely kid friendly & safe (as we are getting them to avoid crossing roads).
Another point worth mentioning about the master planning of Habitat is that the service areas are isolated in corners so that they do not become an eye sore. These are arranged in corners of the site so as to not affect the towers’ arrangement and aesthetic views. No where are these in close proximity to the towers. The access to these service areas is through service roads which do not overlap with the main entry/access road.
Also, we have one of the largest clubs covering 12000 sq ft. The club provides 3 swimming pools ( 2 lap pools & one kids pool ), and a pool deck with shading portals. This is probably the only project in Delhi NCR to have such a feature. The club comprises of a squash court, double height gymnasium, library/indoor games hall, double height multi purpose hall which doubles up as a badminton court and a kids play room.
Among the sports facilities, we have a tennis court, basket ball court & a cricket pitch.
Multiple kids play areas have been spread out across the site. Colorful kids play equipments have been carefully chosen keeping the safety standards in mind.
Within the site itself, we have the retail block that houses more than 50 shops, thus providing ‘daily needs based facilities’ right at the doorstep of residents. It is just limited to 2 floors. It is also placed on the lowermost corner of the site, thus minimizing any kind of ‘visual’ obstruction to the towers’ residents.
Pedestrian access from the towers to the retail shops has been given. Even though the retail block is within the colony, it is not a security hazard as there is no vehicular connection between the towers zone and the retail block. However, the retail block enjoys independent access from the main road too.